Voluminous Hair Routine




Taken about 12 hours after I did my hair.
    I love hair, and like any girl I know, I absolutely adore looking at pictures of hair, and trying out new products and styles; but one thing I always go back to- almost every day- is big, natural looking, voluminous hair. From being a fair haired, virtually bald toddler, my hair has become thick, dark and strong,and for this I am very grateful, however, I am not lucky enough to be able to go out looking relatively attractive without the full-on arm workout that is brushing my hair. After it's brushed, it looks ok, but to add to that a small variety of hair-enhancing products come in handy.

 When I get out of the shower, the first thing I do it squeeze my hair with a dry towel, and then wrap it up- which I think is standard for mostly everybody. I then either wash my face/ do my makeup (depending on if I'm doing this before bed or in the morning) and once I've done this I take my now damp hair out of the towel, comb my fingers through it, and shake it around. Then I brush it, and run some Herbal Essences Bee Strong Strengthening Cream from the mid lengths to ends- this instantly makes my hair feel stronger and smoother. 
 
 After I've done this, I like spray John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Salt Spray all over my hair. Even though I am a definite brunette, I fell in love with this product as soon as I bought it, and while it doesn't give as much of a defined wave, it's enough for me that it just adds the perfect amount of texture.* I also for the first time today used a little pump of a No Oil Hair Oil which I received with Elle, but since it was the first time I tried it, I can't really give a fair review, but I'm confident that it did make the main body of my hair more 'poofy'.

  The final part of my routine comes from two beautiful, amazing products that I don't feel get nearly as much recognition as they deserve: Tresemme 24 Hour Body Mousse and Root Boosting Spray. I bought both of these when they were on sale in Boots, and I can honestly say they are probably up there with my favourite beauty products ever.  They are true to the a name, as without even a touch of hair spray, they give my hair long lasting volume from before I go to bed, until the same time the next day. I simply spray the root lifter directly onto my hair, flip my hair upside down, and add a palm full of mousse. It's hard to explain how I do this, but I think you can imagine: basically I just shake my hands through my hair until the mousse is evenly distributed, and voila! I flip my hair up and it's done!



 At this point my hair is dry enough to go out, and I even if I put it up for P-E, it remains the same the whole day without any hair spray or dry shampoo. To some people this may seem like too many products, and to others it may seem like almost none, but considering I haven't cut my it in almost 18 months, and have very few split ends, I think it's safe to say I have happy hair. 

 I hope you enjoyed reading this and if you did please share and don't forget to follow my Instagram for updates: FashionablyAnonymous__  

 - Liz x
 
*If I want to add more definition to my hair, I'll sometimes use Umberto Giannini Scrunching Jelly.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment